This article from the Harvard Business Review is an interesting read and got me thinking. If you’re feeling like a busy fool it is worth reading:
My five tips to avoid being a busy fool that I’d like to share with you are:
- Create a “to do” list at the start of each day, or the previous evening, to focus your mind. There’s nothing better than realising that you’ve been productive during the day when you can tick off items from this list.
- Leave the desk or whatever it is that you’re doing if you have hit a wall, so to speak. There is no point in sitting there and being unproductive. Get away from the desk or office if you can.
- Get fresh air. Again, if you’re being unproductive some fresh air will help. Even better is to go for a walk if you can….my dog is always very happy to join me when I’m unproductive! Fresh air and exercise will put a new perspective on what you’ve been working on when you get back to your desk.
- Do something else and go back a while later to what you were struggling with. Sometimes if the mind concentrates on something else for a while it helps.
- Tick off items from your “to do” list as you go along and if there are any items outstanding, just carry them over to your list for the following day.
If your marketing strategy is something you are struggling with and is making you be a busy fool, then leave it to the experts. Call us on 086-8353123 and we’ll be happy to help you.