In theory, there are an awful lot more than three steps to a killer video marketing strategy. However, we want to get you started and focused, so these steps or tips might help you.
Create the content first!
Professionally created videos are obviously our first choice. However, most small businesses don’t have the budget for all of their content to be professionally taken. That’s ok! Most smart phones take really good quality videos, so use it.
Remember that video content is what consumers, i.e. your customers, are consuming daily. In fact:
- “Nearly nine out of ten people report wanting to see more videos from brands in 2021, making video an excellent tool for lead generation and brand awareness. “and
- “85%of people would like to see more video from brands in 2021.”
Source: (Wyzowl, State of Video Marketing 2021)
And if that wasn’t enough to get you thinking about creating video content to promote your business, this might help:
- In fact, as of 2021, an average person is predicted to spend 100 minutes per daywatching online videos.
- One third of all online activity is spent watching videos
- YouTube is the most popular social media platform
The content created can be anything, including:
- Showcasing your products
- Explaining how to use products
- Bringing reviews to life by having a customer testimonial on video
- Demonstrating thought leadership
- Telling us more about what, why and how you do it
- Advertising your business
- Showing recordings of events
- Animated videos
- Case studies
- Virtual Reality (360) videos
Know where to “house” your video content
There are so many locations to “house” your video content and lots of choice out there. The two most popular are probably YouTube and Vimeo. My personal choice is YouTube, given the fact that it is owned by Google, I feel the key words and promotion must be worth something for your SEO.
No matter where you choose to store your content, don’t be like me and keep it on your phone! Remember to upload every so often to your chosen channel or “home” for video content.
Also, when you’re uploading, remember to categorise it. Make it easy for your viewers to find it. Remember the functionality within the likes of YouTube to add descriptions and tags. These functions aren’t there to be ignored! They help to add key words that are relevant to your video, but obviously to your business.
So, you can also add your video content by category or playlist. This can help if your business sells several product types or your service has a number of offerings. Anything that you can do to help your potential customer to find what they are looking for quickly is a positive in my mind.
Promote your video content
Also, you can do paid promotion of your video content across most of the social media platforms. You can run video campaigns on your social media channel of choice.
Always make sure you know your target audience. Once you know this, you can tailor your advertising and promotion methods to your particular target.
You can also organically (for free!) promote the content by simply embedding video content on your website, share in your emails and post on your social media accounts. You might want to direct customers to certain videos when you’re asked particular questions.
Remember to pin important video content to the top of your social media feeds. This helps it not to be lost in a sea of other content.
We’re here to help! Don’t be overwhelmed. Just get in touch to book your 15 minute complimentary consultation.